Before you launch your website live on the web, it is always a wise decision to run through an SEO checklist! When you wish to start a business portal or blog on the Internet, you should not do it just for the sake of publicity, but it should be profitable as well. The primary motto of successful SEO is to obtain a high ranking in the organic search results of popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. High search engine rankings mean more traffic and more traffic means more costumers and more sales. There are certain aspects you need to consider when you are fixing the contents of your site to give it the very best chance of attracting the search engines' interest. This SEO Checklist provides the essential things you need to check before launching a website.
Competing for top rankings in the search engines involves three crucial elements:
• Basic SEO- It indicates how the website owner should start building and optimizing his site.
• On-page - Optimizing and improving what is on your website pages, including Technical factors.
• Off-page - Measuring and improving off-page elements of your site, so that gains visitors' attention efficiently.
• One of the quintessential thing that every website owner should do is installing the Google Analytics.
• It helps them get a clear insight of their visitor demographics and they can plan their marketing strategies accordingly.
Adding your site to Bing Webmaster tools and Google Search Console:
• Both these tools are effective in analysing your search traffic.
• Fast loading speed is a benefit, as search engines can penalize your site if it is not speed optimized properly.
• You can also check your site's speed by Google Speed Insights, and a score higher than 70 is considered good.
• It is pivotal that you have a Robot.txt and Sitemap.xml file, as it helps the search engines and their "Robots" when they crawl and index your site.
• A Sitemap serves as a map to your site, and you can also place a sitemap link on the footer of your web pages.
• Some Web platforms generate a sitemap automatically; you might want to check if your page has a Sitemap by typing your page's URL followed by Sitmap.xml.
• A Robots.txt file tells the search engines; what web pages they can index; is it allowed or disallowed to index. You need to check whether your web pages have Robot.txt, by writing your page´s URL followed by robot.txt as it should be there.
• Avoid Duplicate Content and different versions of your site by inserting "Canonical tag."
• Without wasting your valuable time, you need to research extensively for keywords that are relevant to your overall website.
• You can use Google AdWords to find popular keywords or phrases and understand the terms which people mostly use on search engines.
• Your title should be different for each of the sub-pages. And the keyword or key phrase should always be included in the title.
• The title must not exceed 60 characters (since search engines rarely can display longer titles in searches).
• Your description should need to be unique and catchy for each sub-page, and shortly describe what's the web page is all about. Your keyword or key phrase will need to be included herein.
• The title must not exceed 156 characters long (since search engines rarely can display longer titles in searches - each can display 160 characters).
• Headings also called as H1, H2, H3 is simply your headlines, the way you describe your product/services.
• Your heading should comprise of the keywords or key phrases.
• It is highly recommended not to have more than 30 Headings on a single web page, as it leads to spamming.
• The body is simply the text content on each of your pages.
• Your keywords should be included in both the Title, description, Headings and the body.
• Optimize your images for the web - Before you upload and insert your images in a web page.
• Remember to name the images. Do this with either a Title-Tag, Alt-Tag, and description.
• If you wish to market your brand or services across different social media platform, you need to implement this SEO tactic.
• With social media optimization, your website gains both authority and links and help you get connected with prospective customers.
• All this can positively affect your ranking on Google and other search engines.
• Start with placing social sharing buttons on your web pages such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
• Alternatively, you can also create your company's Facebook page, Google My Business page, etc.
• As a large number of online users use Internet via Mobile or iPad; therefore, it is important that your web pages are Mobile Optimized
• Make sure that your "buttons" are large enough to press on your phone. If they are too small, they can be difficult to use.
• Incoming links to your domain and individual web pages are probably the most crucial "weapon" when you have to tell the search engines that your domain is more important than the competitors.
• When used right, the link building gives your domain authority.
• Though general directories have some value, try to find as many niche directories that are dedicated to your industry.
• A good way to build yourself as an "authority" in your field is by creating a steady stream of relevant links to your site.
• It can be done by posting relevant articles to popular article submission sites and including URL of your main site.
Usually, the SEO trends keep on changing every year, but these are some of the basic things that you need to do to improve the rank of your site on Google and other search engines.
Copyright 2018 Servercenter Limited. All rights reserved